Charleston Resisting Arrest Lawyer
If you have been arrested for resisting arrest in Charleston call Charleston resisting arrest lawyer John W. Molony and schedule a free consultation to protect your rights and your record. In Charleston, resisting arrest can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on if an officer is also assaulted. Penalties vary widely depending on the specific charge. After a resisting arrest conviction, your criminal record may also impact your ability to work, rent an apartment or anything else that requires a criminal background check.
What Is Resisting Arrest In Charleston?
- City of Charleston & South Carolina state law make it illegal "to resist an arrest being made by one whom the person knows or reasonably should know is a law enforcement officer."
- Resisting arrest is a misdemeanor under City of Charleston and South Carolina law. Penalties include up to one year in jail, a fine of up to one thousand dollars or both.
- City of Charleston & South Carolina state law also make it illegal "to assault, beat, or wound an officer when...resisting an arrest".
- Under City of Charleston law, if you assault an officer while resisting arrest you can be charged with a misdemeanor. Penalties include up to thirty days in jail a fine of five hundred dollars or both.
- Under South Carolina state law, if you assault an officer while resisting arrest you can be charged a felony. Penalties include up to ten years in jail, a fine of up to ten thousand dollars or both.
Call A Charleston Resisting Arrest Lawyer
Call resisting arrest lawyer John W. Molony now and discuss your charges and your legal options free of charge! When you retain criminal defense attorney John W. Molony, you can expect to have a lawyer who will fight for you, listen to you, answer your phone calls and devote the time that your case requires. John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC is conveniently located in James Island and defends Charleston clients charged with resisting arrest.
Request A Consultation Now
Calls Answered 24/7
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC