Charleston Receiving Stolen Goods Lawyer
If you have been arrested for receiving stolen goods in Charleston call Charleston receiving stolen goods lawyer John W. Molony and schedule a free consultation to protect your rights and your record. In Charleston, receiving stolen goods can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the value of the goods in question. Penalties vary widely depending on the specific charge. After a receiving stolen goods conviction, your criminal record may have a serious impact on your ability to work, rent an apartment or anything else that requires a criminal background check.
What Is Receiving Stolen Goods In Charleston?
- South Carolina state law makes it illegal to "buy, receive, or possess stolen goods" if you have reason to believe the goods are stolen.
- When the value of the goods is two thousand dollars or less, receiving stolen goods is a misdemeanor. Penalties include a fine of up to one thousand dollars or up to thirty days in jail.
- When the value of the goods is greater than two thousand dollars but less than ten thousand dollars, receiving stolen goods is a felony. Penalties include a fine of at least one thousand dollars or up to five years in jail.
- When the value of the goods is ten thousand dollars or more, receiving stolen goods is a felony. Penalties include up to ten years in jail or a fine of at least two thousand dollars.
- In South Carolina a receiving stolen goods charge does not require a conviction for the underlying theft of the goods in question.
Call A Charleston Receiving Stolen Goods Lawyer
Call receiving stolen goods lawyer John W. Molony now and discuss your charges and your legal options free of charge! When you retain criminal defense attorney John W. Molony, you can expect to have a lawyer who will fight for you, listen to you, answer your phone calls and devote the time that your case requires. John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC is conveniently located in James Island and defends Charleston clients charged with receiving stolen goods.
Request A Consultation Now
Calls Answered 24/7
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC