Charleston Malicious Injury To Property Lawyer
If you have been arrested for malicious injury to property in Charleston call Charleston malicious injury to property lawyer John W. Molony and schedule a free consultation to protect your rights and your record. In Charleston, malicious injury to property is either a felony or misdemeanor depending on the "property loss" in question. Penalties vary widely depending on the "property loss" in question. After a malicious injury to property conviction, your criminal record may also impact your ability to work, rent an apartment or anything else that requires a criminal background check.
What Is Malicious Injury To Property In Charleston?
- In Charleston it is illegal to "willfully and maliciously...injure or destroy...personal property or the goods and chattels of another."
- When injury to property is worth ten thousand dollars or more, the charge is a felony. Potential penalties include up to ten years in jail, a fine or both.
- When injury to property is worth more than two thousand dollars but less than ten thousand dollars, the charge is a felony. Potential penalties include up to five years in jail, a fine or both.
- When injury to property is worth two thousand dollars or less, the charge is a misdemeanor. Potential penalties include up to thirty days in jail, a one thousand dollar fine or both.
- Felony charges for malicious injury to personal property in Charleston are handled in General Sessions Court. Any misdemeanor charges for malicious injury to personal property in Charleston will be in Magistrate or Municipal Court.
Call A Charleston Malicious Injury To Property Lawyer
Call malicious injury to property lawyer John W. Molony now and discuss your charges and your legal options free of charge! When you retain criminal defense attorney John W. Molony, you can expect to have a lawyer who will fight for you, listen to you, answer your phone calls and devote the time that your case requires. John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC is conveniently located in James Island and defends Charleston clients charged with malicious injury to property.
Request A Consultation Now
Calls Answered 24/7
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC