Charleston Habitual Traffic Offender Lawyer
If you have been arrested for habitual traffic offender in Charleston call Charleston habitual traffic offender lawyer John W. Molony and schedule a free consultation to protect your rights and your record. In Charleston, habitual traffic offender status can mean the loss of your drivers license for up to five years. If you are caught driving during that time period, the felony charges and criminal penalties will be substantial depending on the specific case.
What Is An Habitual Traffic Offender In Charleston?
- If you are convicted of three of the following major traffic offenses within a three year period you will be declared an "habitual traffic offender" under South Carolina law.
- DUI or DUAC
- Reckless Driving
- Driving under suspension (except for failing to file proof of financial responsibility)
- Voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter or reckless homicide arising out of the operation of a motor vehicle
- Failure to stop for an accident resulting in death or injury
- Any felony offense arising out of the operation of a motor vehicle
- You will also be declared an "habitual offender" if you are convicted of ten separate minor traffic offenses that carry four points or more within a three year period.
- Habitual Offender status will result in the loss of your drivers license for up to five years. You will not be eligible for a Route Restricted License.
- Driving a motor vehicle while an habitual offender is a felony in South Carolina. The penalty is up to five years in jail.
- If you cause great bodily injury or death to another while driving as an habitual offender, the penalties are severe and include fines up to ten thousand dollars and up to twenty years in jail.
Call A Charleston Habitual Traffic Offender Lawyer
Call habitual traffic offender lawyer John W. Molony now and discuss your charges and your legal options free of charge! When you retain criminal defense attorney John W. Molony, you can expect to have a lawyer who will fight for you, listen to you, answer your phone calls and devote the time that your case requires. John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC is conveniently located in James Island and defends Charleston clients charged with habitual traffic offender.
Request A Consultation Now
Calls Answered 24/7
John W. Molony Law Firm, LLC